About Newbridge College
At Newbridge College, our mission is to provide high-quality, career-specific training emphasizing the practical skills required by today's employers. In order to meet this goal, we:
- Use job-oriented curriculum to meet industry standards and employer requirement.
- Provide competency-based training, mentoring support, and modular scheduling systems.
- Select highly qualified instructors with professional experience and commitment.
Newbridge College was originally established in 1976 in Santa Ana, California as "Going Places Travel School". The college was accredited in 1988 by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT), an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for the accreditation of private, postsecondary, non-degree-granting institutions and degree-granting institutions in the United States, including institutions that offer programs via distance education. In 2009 ACCSCT changed its name to the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
In 1990, the school changed its name to Newbridge College and moved to nearby Tustin, California. In 1992 the school's curriculum was expanded to include Allied Health programs. In 1995 the school expanded again and moved to the current location of the Newbridge College Santa Ana campus, and in 1999 the Surgical Technologist program offered at this campus was accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
In 2004, Newbridge College established a branch campus in the city of Long Beach, California, which was recognized and accredited by ACCSC in 2005.
In 2009, Newbridge College acquired a campus formerly owned by another college in El Cajon, near San Diego, California. This new campus was accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) and re-opened as Newbridge College – San Diego East.
In Association with:
- The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) http://www.accsc.org
- The Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET) http://www.accet.org
- The Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education http://bppe.ca.gov
- California Department of Consumer Affairs http://www.dca.ca.gov
- United States Department of Education http://www.ed.gov
- The City of Santa Ana, California
- The San Diego East County Chanber of Commerce
- The City of Long Beach, California
Newbridge College is a private educational institution; all campuses and all programs offered are governed by the following:
- Incorporated and licensed in the State of California
- Certified and approved by the U.S. Department of Education to offer Diploma Programs and Federal Student Financial Aid
- Each campus and all programs are approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). For more information contact them at P.O. Box 980818, Sacramento CA 95798-0818, telephone (916) 431-6959.
- Newbridge College – Santa Ana and Newbridge College – Long Beach are accredited by The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For more information, contact the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), 2101 Wilson Blvd., Suite 302, Arlington, VA 22201, Tel 703-247-4212.
- Newbridge College – San Diego East is accredited by The Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- The Surgical Technologist program at Newbridge College is accredited by the Commisison on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), the largest programmatic accreditor in the health sciences field.
Please contact us about employment opportunities.